Essential Metalsmithing Fabrication Techniques
- Piercing, texture, stamping, doming, rolling mill
- Soldering (overlay, ring, bracelet)
- Bezel making, stone setting cabochon
- Cold Connections, making findings, finishing work
- Final Project
Welcome to the exciting world of small metals fabrication! This class is perfect for you if you are
a beginner, are in need of a refresher course to get back into jewelry-making, or simply want to
know how jewelry is made or familiarize yourself with the studio. In this weeklong hands-on
intensive, we will start with the basics of surface manipulation (think texture, stamping, doming,
cutting!) and move on to soldering, making bezels and setting stones, cold connections, making
findings, finishing work, and so much more. No previous experience required!
- Bonus *** A personal tour of Rio Grande Jewelry Supply in Albuquerque, NM
- Bonus *** A final project of your choosing, which you will fabricate from start to finish, so when you go home, you remember ALL the steps!